The Durban University of Technology (DUT) is seeking assistance from staff and students in collecting items to donate to the victims of the recent floods that caused havoc in the province (KwaZulu-Natal).
It has been reported that several people have been left homeless, seriously injured, missing and a shocking number of fatalities. While mop-up operations in affected areas such as Umlazi, Chatsworth, Malvern, New Germany, Pinetown, Shallcross, Reservoir Hills and Marianhill are still underway, dozens of the victims are left without food, clothes or shelter etc.
DUT would like to extend a helping hand to assist the affected victims, and requests the broader DUT community to donate non-perishable foods, blankets and clothes. Those wanting to donate are urged to drop off these items at the following drop off points:
In Pietermaritzburg they can be dropped off at the following venues:
- Riverside Campus, Student Services, block H, Ground floor with Thobeka Shozi (extension 8809).
- Indumiso Campus, Indumiso Clinic infront of the old library with Sister Mdlalose (extension: 8913)
In Durban they can be dropped off at the following venues:
- Steve Biko Campus, Dean of Students Office, Gate 1 Botanic Mansions Building Block A with Thuli Duma (extension 2114).
- ML Sultan, Alumni Relations and Development office, Ground floor (behind information centre) extension 3019.
- City Campus, first floor Office number 100 with Andile Dube (extension 6455).
- Ritson Campus, D-block, Faculty of Accounting and Informatics Executive Dean’s Office, drop them off with Khulekani (extension 5597)
- Brickfield Campus, drop them off at the Fashion and Textiles Administration office.
Those wishing to donate can drop off their items from today (Thursday, 25 April) till Tuesday 30 April 2019.
Your co-operation and kind contribution will be greatly appreciated. For more Info CLICK HERE